Published July 3rd, 2015
This weekend is a holiday time in the United States of America. The 4th of July is Independence Day, and like most countries, it is marked as a national holiday. While ritual and celebrations are pillars of culture that should be a part of all our lives, on a daily basis; shared celebrations, on a national level and beyond, are great times to practice. Practice what? Practice the art of creating meaningful and joyous times. Remember, we do have the ability to create time, rather than be ruled by it. So, here are some ideas for how to be free to craft time this Independence Day:
- Consider taking a real break from 'the grind' - work, regularly scheduled activities, routines.
- Talk with your loved ones about what everyone feels like doing together - go to the beach, mountains, a park, cook favourite things, go out to a favourite place.
- Organize something special, it doesn't have to cost a lot, it just needs to be different than 'normal'.
- Call friends you haven't seen in a while and catch up.
- When your gathering happens, take a minute to recognize the specialness. Celebrate togetherness, celebrate joy.
Happy Independence Day to all from the States and happy days for everybody because every day you are still here on earth is worthy of celebration, right?